Sunday, July 09, 2006

Weekend in the big smoke

We're home from Auckland, where we went for the weekend. Set off Saturday, much later than we wanted to. Why do we always seem to be late?
We had a lovely time catching up with friends who have had their second baby, and he is just a week old. So lovely and little (oh how quickly one forgets!). His sister loved the pink bunny I made for her, and I made a blanket for him. I am really peeved with myself as I forgot to take a picture of it before it was given. Damn! I quite liked it, cream fleece one side and lime green cotton jersey the other side printed with monkeys and bananas. Made early on Saturday morning (don't ask!).
Went to my sister's house warming Saturday evening (a proper party!). Her and her husband have bought a beautiful 1900's villa in Mt Eden. It is lovely. It was great to catch up with family and friends at the party. Had far too late a night, and drank far too much wine, but have a fab time. Kids were up FAR too early this morning!
This afternoon we caught up with my clever friend Ellen and her gorgeous boys (hubby & son). Saw her Dorothy bag 'in person' for the whiplash challenge, and I love it love it love it. She is very clever and inspiring.
I have got inspired to make more 'stuff', love the things here, here and here. And of course, here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home