Monday, July 03, 2006


Well, after my resolution to blog more frequently I have failed miserably. It is now school holidays (not that it makes any difference to my children, both being pre-school age, but it means I am not at work ;-)) and I am going to try again.
Over the weekend I got creative, the only thing is that the 'model' was most uncooperative. He just would not stay still for any length of time. Now he is crawling, he has to be on the move all the time. So no pics as yet, a work in progress shall we say.
I've also had a raft of friends have babies recently, so I am busy busy busy sewing lovely gifts. Well, hopefully lovely. At the moment it is just piles of partly cut or uncut fabric. And ideas in my head. I need some uninterrupted time to complete projects. Any ideas for original gifts for babies/parents/siblings gratefully received.
That reminds me, I finished my quilt top! Well, let me qualify that for a moment. I finished that which I cut out at my course. This seems to be minus 4 corner setting triangles, as well as the border which I still have to select the fabric for. It needs pressing too. I finished the sewing bit and feel quite virtuous. The list of courses for the Bernina shop has arrived and I am very tempted to do another one. Maybe I should finish what I have started first?

The picture is of the long suffering 'sooty' - being gently encouraged by SP to stay still for the camera. He really does love the poor cat, but is perhaps a little physical in the demonstration of that affection. Sooty came to us via SP's preschool, she slipped between the very narrow bars of the fence, and was in bad shape. She lay in the bark and SP went and lay next to her for 3/4 of an hour. He was determined she was coming home, so much so that he was not prepared to leave preschool without her. He named her, and when we took her to the vet (after preschool) he was most distressed that she had to stay. Meanwhile I was most distressed by how much this cat cost, and how much she continues to cost!
More posts to come!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home