Friday, June 09, 2006

Yippee! Im a WINNER!!!

To those of you who are right now smirking and thinking all sorts of strange things (like Big C who smiled in a slightly condescending way and said "of course you are honey" or some such thing - good job I love him eh!) let me clarify. I have for a long time entered all sorts of competitions. Not because I win things often, but there is some part of me that really wants to win stuff. All kinds of random stuff which, if I won it, I wouldn't know what to do with. That probably says all sorts of things about my personality, analyse away!

Anyhow, I received a letter today which said that I have WON over $900 worth of linen. From a competition in Your Home and Garden magazine, back in April. I now can't find the magazine, and I will have to institute a more thorough search tomorrow. But there are two duvet sets, sheets, pillowcases, bath robe, bath sheets, bath mats, hand towels and flannels. Very good quality I believe. Hopefully in neutral-ish colours. The lovely lady I spoke to to confirm my prize said she was very envious, and that the sheets are 400 count cotton. I have never had sheets that nice so am really looking forward to getting them! She also said it is in a HUGE box, so apologies in advance to the postie. God bless rural deliveries!

This is supposed to be a craft blog, which has not much craft at all and more of my ramblings and kids than anything else. One of these days I might actually empty out my brain of some of the project ideas I have, and finish some of them! I have all sorts of things on the go....oh to finish!

5 Comments:

At Friday, June 09, 2006 6:30:00 PM, Blogger ElleMae said...

Congratulations, Em - I'm so jealous! Ahhh, yes, another addiction to confess, alongside fabric, magazines, and stationery - LINEN! Have you seen the Wallace Cotton website? Stunning.

 
At Sunday, June 11, 2006 9:29:00 PM, Blogger Megan said...

Hey, that's very cool! Thanks for commenting on my blog, it is so nice to come across NZers in blog-land. Not that many of us, really!

Mmm, Whangarei. The winterless north - the Hibiscus coast is pretty warm, but I do love to come for summer holidays up your way.

And yeah, to agree with Ellemae, the Wallace Cotton website is really awesome.

 
At Tuesday, June 13, 2006 12:31:00 PM, Blogger Megan said...

Hi again Em, thank again for the comment on my 'Brown' post - scary posting poetry where everyone can read it!!!! But I have to tell you, I am so not organised - if I ever said I was, I was FIBBING! :-)

 
At Thursday, June 15, 2006 5:14:00 PM, Blogger ElleMae said...

Whwn does the linen arrive? I'm dying to see the haul!

 
At Wednesday, June 21, 2006 2:50:00 AM, Blogger Megan said...

Have you gotten the linen haul yet? We want pictures!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home