Monday, May 15, 2006

Happy birthday to me!


Well, today is my birthday and it started at 4:45 am with wee m deciding it was breakfast time. Not my idea of a relaxing birthday morning, however never mind. Big C had to go to the big smoke today and so was up at 5:30 am. He put wee m back to bed and I went back to sleep (sort of). Then SP was up at 7:15 am and we had lovely snuggles in bed before phone calls and having to get up to start the day (again!).

Poor SP is not well, went to the Dr today and he had to have some blood tests done. He was so scared he was shaking poor boy. The phlebotomist suggested we go to another lab with more staff so they could hold him down. I said "NO WAY", and although it was awful, decided that if anyone was going to hold my precious boy down, it was going to be me. I can't imagine how frightened he would have been with complete strangers holding him down! In the end I managed to calm him down a bit and only had to hold his arm tightly whilst giving him something to hold with his other hand. He really was a star. We have another appointment on Thursday to find out what the results are. Slightly worryingly the Dr detected a heart murmur, however it may be benign so Im trying not to worry until after Thursday. Emphasis on the trying.

Anyway, after the Dr he asked if we could visit his friend William (who goes to school so would not have been home). We called around and yippee, my lovely friend Emily and her other gorgeous boys were home. We ended up going out to a great cafe - Narnia - for lunch as a special birthday treat for me, and a treat for SP too. It was truly lovely.

I have been spoiled, both my loveheart (on the wall in the hall) and cow collections have been added to, amongst other lovely gifts. I have had calls and texts from friends and family and feel rather special if the truth be known.

Big C on his way home now and we plan a nice dinner just the two of us. Boys will be in bed early tonight!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home