Monday, April 10, 2006

End of Monday

Well, had a great weekend in the big smoke with my family. SP had a particularly wonderful time with Pops - they went to the fire station and he got to sit in the drivers seat of a big engine and turned the sirens and lights on. Very exciting to a 4 year old (heck, I wanted to go too...mmm firemen!). He is still talking about it today.

I had a nice time on Saturday having lunch with my family. It was great to catch up with my sisters, even though little s was definitely under the weather. I hope she is feeling much better now.

To be honest the highlight of my weekend was having a short time to browse in Cushlas Village Fabrics in Devonport. I could spend some serious money in that place! I got very inspired about quilting whilst there. I would really like to make a beautiful quilt, I really would. I'd like the time and space to do it. I think I will have to start small. Very small. Infintessimally small.

Tried to hook up the digital camera to the laptop tonight, but I need an adaptor to change the plug to a USB. I wonder if one exists. Will have to get big C to sort that out for me. Much more his alley than mine!

Anyhow, tomorrow is a paid work day for me so I had better get organised. Lunches, packing bags/baskets, organising clothing, getting dinner for tomorrow night sorted etc etc. A mothers work is never done.

Virtuous moment today...had dinner (chicken lasagne with corn and bread rolls) on the table when Big C walked through the door. Table set, wee m fed and munching out on a rusk. Felt like a good wife indeed!

1 Comments:

At Sunday, April 16, 2006 1:16:00 PM, Blogger ElleMae said...

That's because you are a wonderful wife and mother, silly goose! Love the blog - well done for getting started! Next stop? Quilting!
Happy Easter, lovely family!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home