Sunday, October 22, 2006


Today my lovely husband and I have been married 11 years. How quickly time passes. It doesn't seem like 11 years ago we promised to love, honour and keep each other. But it is hard to remember my life before he was in it. My memory seems to have altered somehow to include him in events that happened before I knew him. I sometimes find myself reminiscing to him about times when he wasn' t there. He does the same thing.
We met briefly outside Rascals cafe, April 1994 (perhaps a fitting venue) via a mutual friend. Neither of us were looking for a relationship. We met for a drink a couple of nights later, and were pretty much inseparable after that. We had so much in common. Our engagement followed in October 1994, then our wedding in October 1995. I guess, to quote a dear friend "You just know". We have lived in NZ, England and NZ again. We have enjoyed great times and endured hard ones, together. We have adventured in exotic and not so exotic places.
To say "I love you" seems such a cliche, but it's true. I love you, not just for who you are, but for who I am when I am with you. You complete me, you anchor me. 14 years 'til Venice again baby!

Photo courtesy EvaUppsala - Venice

1 Comments:

At Monday, October 23, 2006 4:34:00 PM, Blogger ElleMae said...

Yay for you two! And Happy Birthday to little mp too! What fun in your house these past few weeks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home