Friday, October 13, 2006


At last, creativity again! Ok, so I went to another quilting class last night, and right now that seems to be the only way to get anything remotely crafty done. But I did it! I managed to get all the squares cut, quilted through the centre and laid out, and then get two measly blocks sewn together. TWO MEASLY SQUARES! I have no idea what I was doing when the other girls were getting their stuff done. They got more done than I did that is for sure. Not that I am competitive in that way..... Anyway, I took a pic of the lay out cos I had to pick it up and take it home. This wrecked my lay out completely. Hopefully the photo will help me to get it looking the same when I get around to piecing it.



My lovely friend Emily made the same quilt in Amy Butler fabrics - flannels on one side and cottons on the other. It is gorgeous. I dreamed about it last night. I wish I hadn't stocked up on flannels like the world was going to run out over the past few years. Then I could have bought lovely Amy Butlers without major guilts (hence I felt the need to use what I had). Anyway, the finished quilt will look fine in SP's bedroom I am sure. The Amy Butlers are still calling to me though, and there IS a sale on.....

2 Comments:

At Friday, October 13, 2006 1:48:00 PM, Blogger ElleMae said...

Amy Butler's on sale?!! Where?! Not that I need them...:) Quilts look gorgeous - what clever gils you are!

 
At Saturday, October 14, 2006 10:16:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Both those tops look great - love squares in a quilt.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home