Sunday, October 22, 2006

My baby is ONE!




My precious, longed for, prayed for, hoped for mp has left baby-dom and is now a toddler. I have been composing this post for a week now, and still can't quite believe that the year has passed.
14 October 2005 he was born. We all instantly fell in love. He has grown from a gorgeous, cheeky, chunky little baby into a handsome, curly, blonde boy. He still has rolls on his legs, and is ticklish in all sorts of places. He has 6 teeth, masses of blonde curls that you can almost predict the humidity from the state of their curliness, and a cheeky shy smile. If I could bottle his giggle I am sure that the world would never frown again.
He loves his Tickle Me Elmo Extreme, elephants and pointing saying 'Dere, DERE'. He is a joy, even at 3 am. When he knocks on the wall to let us know he is awake it is funny. When he burrows into my chest he makes my heart swell. When he crawls he does so truly enthusiastically, with his whole body, head swinging.
It is hard to believe I was worried about not having enough love to give another baby. We already had a lovely, precious boy it seemed almost selfish to want more. We are so blessed to have two fabulous, delicious, gorgeous boys. It is hard to remember what life without them was like.
We planted a Pohutukawa tree for him on his birthday, just like we did for his big brother. May it grow strong, tall, and straight, may it provide shelter, may it have a long life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home