Friday, May 25, 2007

Of things that fly

Well, I haven't fallen off the face of the planet. Not yet anyway. This is what I've been up to:
1. Back to work and now working 4 days whilst my colleague is on maternity leave. Puts a large dent in 'free' time.
2. SP has started drama classes this term. The school is part of the stage challenge. Being 'able' to sew means I am making all sorts of weird and wonderful things. The working bee last Saturday was fun, and rather productive. I was amazed at all the people who turned up!
3. Board of Trustees stuff. Did I say I am now a member of our local schools BOT? In fact I am chair (still not sure how that happened). There is quite a bit of reading to do, and lots of learning about lots of things.
4. Our wee m has become a human destructo. Seriously. He burned his hand last weekend after picking up a blow torch (don't ask). He knows what he wants but doesn't yet have the verbal skills to tell us what he wants. Frustrating all around. The coolest thing though......when I sing to him, he dances!
5. Making stuff for friends children that I keep forgetting to photograph.
6. Having to take my lovely overlocker to the repair man because the #$%*&@@ thing won't work properly (most likely a user fault Im sure).
7. Getting a new sewing machine. Yes, you heard me correctly, a NEW SEWING MACHINE! Actually, not brand new, but new to me. I am in love. It has a walking foot, and lots of other stuff I still need to figure out. It is a Bernina Quilters Edition. It still has 5 years on the warranty. It makes sewing even more blissful.
8. Selling my old faithful Bernina 830. I still feel sad about that. However I can't afford to have 2 machines. And it does seem somewhat excessive. I lovingly sent it away to a very nice older lady who does lots of commission sewing, and it is going to be her 'back up' machine. I am sure she will look after it much better than I ever did. Still feel sad though.
9. Spending a bit more time with my lovely husband (who is in the throes of organising a PTA fundraiser - does this make us mad or very involved parents?).
10. Enjoying the last of the lovely weather that is unseasonally warm considering it is almost June!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home